A lot of people pass through life with their sole focus on the “bigger things” and then get disappointed or even depressed if they can’t achieve those things or it’s taking a little longer than expected. In the hustle and bustle, they don’t realise one can also derive happiness from the little things that are present in our everyday lives. Are you one of such people? Are you in too much of a hurry, chasing the bigger things in life that you miss out on the little and maybe even priceless things? Have you let “life” make you oblivious to beautiful everyday joys?
Sweetheart, you need to pause right now, take a deep breath and click on the reset button or re-orient yourself. Think about the little things that you would probably notice if you weren’t so blind to them, or weren’t so much in a haste. Think about the little things that might put a smile on your face in spite of how much of a busy/bad day you’re having or might have had. Don’t be in a haste. You won’t experience happiness or even notice these little things if you are always in a hurry. Truth is, if you don’t find joy in little things, you might not in the “bigger things” either. Hell! You wouldn’t even appreciate them when they come.
I compiled a list of little things that make me feel refreshed or happy:
- Petrichor (the smell of rain).
- Rain (Oh Yes! Can you tell I’m a Pluviophile?)
- The sight of the moon (One of the most romantic sight ever).
- Cool evening breeze while taking a walk.
- The smell of freshly laundered clothes.
- Sleeping on a freshly laundered bedsheet.
- The taste of chocolate melting in my mouth (he he).
- A baby smiling, giggling or laughing.
- The scent of a baby.
- A toddler being very polite and well-mannered.
- The smell of Palmolive honey body wash.
- The feeling after posting an article.
- Helping someone in need.
- Cold water on a very hot afternoon.
- A message or call notification from anyone that’s dear to me.
- Holding a cute baby in my arms
- Aroma of fried beef, chicken or eggs…
- Friends being attentive, sweet and empowering.
- People that want the best for others.
- My mom’s daily visit (for updates/gist) to my room just before she retires for the night.
- My dad’s dry jokes.
- My sister grabbing my butt when we see after a long time.
- Seeing an old happy couple.
- A sprouting flower.
- Little thoughtful gestures and pleasant surprises.
- Early morning dew.
- A walk at dawn.
- Beautiful sceneries.
I’d have to stop right here or I might just go on and on…lol
I’d love to know what yours are, do leave your comments. If you wanna get notifications each time I put up a post, hit the subscribe button as well *winks and blows kisses*
Don’t forget to always take time to appreciate the little things in life. Make a conscious effort to do this every day and observe how it infects each day with happiness.
Wish you all a pleasant weekend.
Lots of Kisses. Jasmine